Friday, November 16, 2012

How Best Can I Be of Best Use?

Usually we tend to criticize others for what we assume them to have failed because we believe it is their duty to make happen the things we expect them to do. I did this thing many times but I have kept asking myself is that the best I can do to make the things and those individuals become what I expect them to be. Of course not.

Rather "Why don't I take the initiative to make happen the things I expect others to meet? So if at all I am determined for the change, the right question I choose to ask myself is: Why not me? Why don't I take the initiative to do those things I expect others to do? If it is possible to take the initiative to criticize others for failing not to do, why don't I take  that initiative to inquire myself why in the world I fail to take initiative to do those things?

Am I best utilized when I question the commitment and integrity of others? How about my commitment and integrity? How about my initiative for change? How about my involvement in making those things we need as people and community to happen? Why don't I question my hidden character that hurts the need and dignity of others while I am bold enough to critically question and blame others for perceived and real character failures?

It is possible to involve myself in the same engagements I question others to make. That very involvement gives me hands-on experience and a close look at the issues and see myself how I sail the ups and downs which I expect others to meet despite whatsoever.

Why don't I get in the real politics happening and see for myself the frustrations, the challenges, the opportunities and the real problems. That will certainly show who I am and how prepared I am in those contexts. Such engagement also gives us courage and consideration in evaluating performances of others with proper balance.

Why don't I get into real social work and see for myself how hard and simple it is to manage and get things done in such commitments and causes? It is one thing to say one has to choose to do this despite whatsoever and it is completely another to face all the challenges and make the right choices while emotions are high and situations are frantic.

I think it is right time for all of us to ask ourselves: Why don't I take quality time to criticize myself on the same things I criticize others for failing? Am I really making those things and expecting others do their part or be on the sidelines and up to grab every moment to give them hard time when they fail for the mistakes of their own making or whatsoever.

Time to do some deep sole searching and see if we can have other ways we can best use our capacity to best contribute for things we believe are most important.

Thank you for your time! I will be back with another article.//

2 comments:

  1. That must be a deep sole searched idea during your break. But don't forget there are few persons who have the authority to change the course of your life, too. I believe the lion's share falls on oneself. And the beauty of this ugly world is its having several ways you could make a difference. Am sure you had one in your soul. May God be with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ye, I have one which I am trying to play out. We will see how I sail over the days, weeks, months and years. I thank you my dear brother!

      Delete